I have bought these dishes at TJ Max. Candy cane tree I had for years
Ornaments in glass urn at Kmart. Linen table cloth and gold platter
at The Christmas Tree Shoppe..
Here is that new Christmas cookies I had to make.
Hershey peppermint candy cane blossom cookies.
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Red or green sugar crystals, granulated sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from candies.
- 2 Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- 3 Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red sugar, granulated sugar, powdered sugar or a combination of any of the sugars. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press a candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.
Actually my first batch I got 47 cookies because I had messed up. The second batch I did it right and I got almost 5 dozen cookies. So, depend how it come out.'
I fell in love with this cookie recipe and I will make these next year. It is a thumb up recipe.
Here me in my Christmas red sweater along'
with BIL. Hope he don’t mind. Thanks Donna
for the photo.
I am joining in on Ruby Tuesday. Rednesday.
Stay warm! Nancy